ABOUT THE EVENT
2020 THEME: LAW FIRM FUTURE: A MACRO – MICRO VISION FOR LEADING AND PLANNING FOR AN UNCERTAIN FUTURE
The dawn of a new decade is always an opportunity to review the past and forecast for the future. It is the acute task of management to navigate across the inevitable forces of change that are part of a progressing and uncertain economic world.
In 2020 the most prominent is the impact of technology on work and its people – this is a dominating factor on most organisations and the legal sector is not exempt. It has been largely unscathed by the growing rise of technology as the transition from paper to typewriter to computer was smooth and simple, but no longer. The level of disruption and the speed that it has infiltrated all aspects of the legal world has caused vast challenges to law firm leaders.
This pace of disruption and the added fact that these are uncertain economic times, has also shifted the corporate growth agenda. It has gone from growth for growth’s sake, to seeking agility, to create nimble organisations that can adapt to a fast-changing competitive environment.
THE CHALLENGES FACED BY TRADITIONAL HIERARCHIES LIKE LAW FIRMS IS TO SMOOTHLY MOVE AND TRANSITION INTO THE NEW DIGITAL FUTURE TO WHAT WILL BE THE ‘NEW’ BUSINESS AS USUAL.
Adapting new approaches will enable future growth strategies and equip the nimble leader to handle constant disruption, deliver to evolving client demands and attract and retain good staff. The Managing Partners Forum now in its thirteenth year is the platform where insights and information most relevant to these current topics are discussed.
Through the astute input of the advisory panel, speakers and topics are selected for their relevance in enhancing the role of the legal leader. Set amongst the calming grounds of the Sheraton Grand Mirage resort, it is the only event a managing partner needs to attend to be updated and network with peers.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This event has been exclusively produced to address the function and capacity of the following position holders from mid-tier to large law firms:
- Managing Partners (current and imminent)
- Executive Committee members including Chief Executive Officers; Chairpersons; Chief Operation Officers
- Senior Partners with an eye towards Management
- General Counsel from leading organisations
ATTEND THE EVENT AND HEAR THE FOLLOWING CURRENT TOPICS:
- Macro to Micro – the big trends for the next 5, 10 years
- Thriving in Uncertainty
- Future workforce issues – Productivity, Engagement and Technology
- Market opportunities – how to position for them while maintaining the current business
- Risk Management :- technology disruption, staying nimble and innovative, client perspectives
- Building an Emotional Intelligent workplace
- Multidisciplinary session: The impact of the big 4 and how do you make the most of the difference
- Strategy back to basics: teams are the future ‘I’
- Remuneration classics: how do you get the best from your people | models
- Lessons learnt from a Legal Leader
INTERNATIONAL KEYNOTE SPEAKER confirmed
WILLIAM HENDERSON | PROFESSOR OF LAW | IU MAURER SCHOOL OF LAW, INDIANA UNIVERSITY [USA]
Bill Henderson is a Professor, a Legal Rebel, and one of the most influential people in legal education. Drawing upon more than a decade of research, Bill is a sought-after commentator on the changing legal marketplace. Bill has accumulated numerous awards. In the last five years, he has been named: • One of the 100 Most Influential Lawyers in America by the National Law Journal, a list compiled just once every decade • The Most Influential Person in Legal Education by National Jurist Magazine • One of the inaugural group of “Legal Rebels” profiled by the ABA Journal
THANK YOU TO OUR 2020 PARTNERS
CHILLI IQ GLOBAL PARTNER